PHILOSOPHY OF THE COLLEGE
The philosophy of the College is consistent with the overall philosophy and vision of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, which is to contribute to Nigeria’s greatness through self-sufficiency in food and fibre production as disseminated through teaching, research, training and extension.
OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF THE COLLEGE
The objectives of the College include:
- To produce graduates with in-depth knowledge in both theory and practice of agriculture.
- To train scientific and professional workers with competence in the analysis of socio-economic problems in agriculture, rural development and the Nigerian economy.
- To train and produce graduates and workers who will act as conduits for effective transfer of technology to farmers through extension activities.
- To produce professionally competent and confident farmers capable of self-employment and able to develop environmentally-friendly and people-sensitive technologies.
- To produce highly rated graduates in agriculture who would act as vehicles for attaining the national goal of food security, and self sufficiency in food and fibre production